Welcome to this sacred space prepared for you. Below are Photos, Quotes, & Reflections for you to enter into a time of contemplation & transformation. Choose One. Enter into Stillness. Open, Receive, and Respond. Be Loved and Love extravagantly.
You are Invited in to …..
– Quiet, Gaze, Explore, Reflect, Open, Receive, Respond, Rest, Give Thanks
– Title your Gazing Experience: ____________________________
– Click Here to share your title and experience with Lorie.
You are invited in to …..
- Listen to the words, listen to the message,
listen to your heart, listen to the Divine.
- Using 3 words: What are you taking with you from this contemplative time?
- Click Here to share your 3 words and/or encounter with Lorie.
“The closer to God we come, the more simple we will become.”
-Therese of Lisieux
“Behold the Beholder beholding you….. and smiling.”
– Anthony deMello
You are invited in to …..
- Deeper Stillness, Extra-Ordinary Silence, and The Whispers of The Spirit to yours.
- Sit still in nature or a comfortable place. Notice. Feel. Open. Receive. Give Thanks.
- Click here to share your contemplative experience with Lorie.
Daily Reflection (Prayer of Examen)
1. Become aware of the moment today (or this week) for which you are most grateful.
(Which would you re-live? When were you most able to give and receive love?)
Breath in the gratitude you felt and receive life again from that moment.
Rest in this place and receive.
2. Become aware of the moment today (or this week) for which you are least grateful.
(When you were least able to give and receive love?)
Remember the feelings without trying to change or fix it in any way.
Take deep breaths and let God’s love fill you just as you are. Be held and loved in this least grateful moment – just as it is – just as you are.
3. Give thanks to God for being with you in this day/week/season.
If possible, share these moments with a friend or journal them.
Quest for the Divine
The Master was in an expansive mood, so his disciples sought to learn from him the stages he had passed through in his quest for the divine.
God first led me by the hand, he said, into the land of action and there I dwelt for several years. Then he returned and led me to the land of sorrows; there I lived until my heart was purged of every inordinate attachment. That is when I found myself in the Land of Love, whose burning flames consumed whatever was left in me of self. This brought me to the Land of Silence, where the mysteries of life and death were bared before my wondering eyes.
“Was that the final stage of your quest?”, they asked. “No,” said the Master. One day God said, Today I shall take you to the innermost sanctuary of the temple, to the heart of God himself. And I was led to the Land of Laughter. –Story from Anthony de Mello